Origins.

It is only one week away today.

WOLVERINE!

I won’t lie and say that I’m not looking forward to this movie. Looking forward to it so much that I am refusing to go and download the leaked version that I know is out there. There are a few reasons including the fact that there is nothing to be gained from an incomplete version of the film and also the support that I have for Hugh Jackman and the Australian Film Industry – which has been supported through Mr Jackman’s efforts in the production of this film.

Mr. Jackman is a producer on the film through his film production company Seed Productions. He also opted for the majority of the filming to take place in Australia and New Zealand – which is something that Australia definitely need after the Justice League of America film’s debarkle.

Latest trailer


The film looks great,- everyone loves the character and Mr. Jackman’s portrayal of him, but I won’t say that I will be going into the film without reservations. Despite the story focusing on Wolverine’s origins and thus his involvement in the Weapon X program, from the trailers it feels as though they might be trying to force too many X-Men characters into the film. Considering that they have cut so many possible inclusions from the previous X-Men films it is on one hand surprising that they have decided to include so many, but on the other it isn’t. It’s half and half. Some inclusions are necessary to the story but others such as a teenaged Cyclops seem to be a bit of a stretch.

Gambit also falls into this category but the impression given from the trailer(s) is that his appearance will be more a fan-service than anything else – X-Men fans wanting Gambit included since X-2.

My impressions from the trailer[s] and clips that I have seen is that the better parts of the films will obviously be his least recent history; his childhood, the 3 or so wars he participated in and his inclusion in Weapon X. That is my
personal opinion, I am far more interested in everything prior to Weapon X and I am psyched that they are including his bone claws! Realistically it was unavoidable but it is nice to see that they look good!

And on a random note this film will be the first time that Wolverine's real name will be used; James Howlett. Fun fact.

I’ll post up a review of the film after I see it, probably not premiere night unfortunately, but the following Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment