Nine*5



This looks very cool. A modern (if not futuristic) reimagining of the Alice in Wonderland tale. It intrigues me to see this take on the story in comparison to what Tim Burton's take is shaping up to look like. The story of Alice in Wonderland has always been interesting to me, but as a child I was often drawn to stories which probably were not of much interest to those of my generation.

Things like the Famous Five, which my parents grew up on and thus I was introduced to them, but not only these but stories that I stumbled across on my very own; Robinson Crusoe is one. I really enjoyed the tale of the man shipwrecked on an island with no one but Friday (eventually) accompany him. I heard around this time last year that they were developing a television series and I was very excited for it, but it only started airing in Australia last week i think - and I missed the first episode, so I think I may have to wait for the dvd release. Other than that I was intrigued by 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne which is something that I still discuss with my grandmother to this day. In fact we spoke about it when i last saw her a few months ago. The fact that she read the novel when she was young and in that day and age the things described were ridiculous fantasy, whereas now they are fact. It's this reality that makes you wonder whether the space age tales of today will be reality in 60 years, or whether they are too fantastical. We'll just have to wait and see i suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment