Twenty*17

Blogging has proven difficult and elusive of late. Partly it is because I am overwhelmed with a lack of enthusiasm and optimism that I simply cannot be bothered. Even as we speak I keep flicking tabs away from writing this entry. [flick]

The beginnings of a new year have been wrought (?) with excitement, fun, boredom, soul crushing, lack of interest and again boredom. This is on a day to day basis unfortunately. A lack of focus is a result of a lack of drive which is a direct result of lack of entertainment which is ultimately a result of a diminishing sense of hopeful optimism. Following? No? Don't feel bad, I can hardly keep up myself.

Enough whining from me. A quick dot pointed entry which holds the potential to become a weekly endeavor which is simply easier than a billion and one posts that I never get around to. This would most likely occur on a Sunday hereafter...


 Mark Webb's upcoming Spiderman film has been officially titled 'The Amazing Spiderman'. A no brainer to be sure, opens the sequels up to titles such as 'Spectacular' and 'Astonishing'. This has also been accompanied with a new image of Andrew Garfield fully suited up. The blue fingertips are a bit odd but it mixes it up a bit I suppose.

Finally saw True Grit. Excellent film, Jeff Bridges was excellent. As was Hailee Steinfeld. She is one to watch for sure.

Fox finally released a X-Men: First Class trailer. Looks promising. I am particularly looking forward to Nicholas Hoult as Beast.


Spartacus: Gods of the Arena is turning out to be far more than I could have dreamed for. I discovered last night that Gannicus is actually one of the generals in Spartacus' slave revolt so it will be very interesting to see if Starz has chosen to pursue this branch of history. Best wishes to Andy Whitfield's family, I will surely miss him in Season 2 - here's hoping for his better health in the near future.

Lex Luthor is returning for Smallville's series finale. Will be very glad to have Michael Rosenbaum back. It was the only potential hitch for the show's climatic swan song.

Chose a new showreel song. "Garbage Truck' - Sex Bob-omb.

Ordered shiny new books from Amazon. Very excited.

Tried HAM down in Cronulla. Excellent iced coffee's. Perhaps the best. Perhaps.


Have heard the How I Met Your Mother car alarm outside my unit four times now. WEOO WEOO WEOO. Weoo Weoo Weoo. ooooEEEE ooooEEEE ooooEEEE. ooooOOOOOOP oooooOOOOOOP. ER ER ER ER. Love it... For now.

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment