Landreth

Chris Landreth recently visited Wagga Wagga to give a talk on his short films and his most recent short, The Spine. His talk was enlightening and most definitely one the most interesting talks I have been to in the past several years. He covered topics from how he began using Maya (as a bug tester/reporter) right up until the release of his current short. He spoke of the state of the industry and how he feels about CGI in film, a view that I agree with whole-heartedly. He stated that he felt that just because there is the ability to superimpose the director’s wishes into the film’s environment does not mean that it should be done. Whether it is through adding additional background crowds or sky replacements, also whether it is a blockbuster or a smaller low budget film this is regardless. Landreth noted that this is particularly the case with the lower budget films.

His films you can judge for yourself by following this link;

LINK

His use of psycho realism is something that intrigues me that I would not mind investigating myself – I personally prefer Ryan to The Spine, this may be due to that I have seen Ryan a number of times but on initial viewing The Spine does not hold the same resonance that Ryan did.

No comments:

Post a Comment