Sixteen*0




Quick post, only a month behind. I'm not sure if I mentioned this earlier - my work was shortlisted for the Kinokuniya Digital Arts and Illustration Prize (back at the start of June) - it unfortunately did not win, but it was nice to make the shortlist. The work was/is on display in The Galleries Victoria, Sydney. It may have possibly sold! But I am waiting to hear back from the curator on that one, not sure if the exhibition ended on the 22nd or ends on the 22nd of July. I'm a tad out of the loop there.

It was good to see what other people of roughly the same level of experience/education are doing. Some of the stuff was pretty wicked, others not so - but that is a matter of opinion at the end of the day. I thought the vivid colours of my work stood out - which was something I was looking to achieve so that's a win in my books.

It also gave me a boost, it's been a frustrating year but things are SLOWLY getting into motion. This industry that I have unwittingly chosen to 'get into to' is a rather soul-crushing depressing uphill ride on the way in. I'm sure it's smooth sailing once you're over that first hump, but that is the hardest one to reach the peak of.
nb. 6/7/10 - the artwork did sell!

No comments:

Post a Comment