Nineteen*3

29. (PROGRESS!) Watch all Star Trek films.




As I pack all my dvd's to move I've come to the conclusion that I needed a list to refer to for my Star Trek watching progress. It's something that is going to take a while, my being such a massive Star Wars fan and all. But I'm curious - this year I finally watched Wrath of Khan and thought it was fan-bloody-tastic. A shame that half the effects were CG and compared to the miniatures in the film, have no aged as well.
My progress thus far;



  • Star Trek: The Motion Picture
  • Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan
  • Star Trek: The Search for Spock
  • Star Trek: The Voyage Home
  • Star Trek: The Final Frontier
  • Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country
  • Star Trek: Generations
  • Star Trek: First Contact
  • Star Trek: Insurrection
  • Star Trek: Nemesis
  • Star Trek
Impressive I know. it took me ages to get to this point! I saw a fair bit of Star Trek The Next Generation on random times on tv, as well as Star Trek Enterprise (which I am currently contemplating investing in). Something about the over technical focus on talking rather than doing threw me off. I really enjoyed Enterprise however, perhaps it was Scott Bakula and next generation had Patrick Stewart. But after seeing JJ Abrams revamp of the series - it raised my interest in watching the entire series and I would hate to be an elitist ignoring Trek whilst loving Wars. I won't get into Trek to the same extent (reading the books etc) although I may yet invest in Star Trek Online, I rather enjoyed my limited trial run!

It's a bit sad; I picked up Nemesis in first year of uni, Generations not too long after (due to my Boston Legal craze and my wish to see Shatner in the Star Trek Universe). I then picked up Star Trek earlier this year. So basically I have only seen a single film that I do not own. But I'll get there! I'm particularly looking forward to seeing the Borg-related adventures of the Next Generation crew - I have heard alot.

Nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment