Nineteen*6



My much anticipated IKEA excursion last weekend was met with unrivaled failure! I could never have anticipated that it would turn out to be so unnecessarily pointless to make the trip, however we did all enjoy our $1.00 hotdogs.

I went in search of several things; plain black frames (for my degrees), a possible sofa bed (for my new place), a desk chair and l also wished to peruse the kitchen tables for possibilities for future investments.

Well..

Plain Black Frames
I honestly feel as though IKEA should invest in something other than these new fangled frames which are at the very least twice as thick as ordinary picture frames. Also I believe that it is a bit much for a department store such as IKEA to ONLY have this particular style of frame available. FAIL.

Sofa Bed
Choice words I would use to describe the selection; overpriced, hard, uncomfortable, ugly ugly ugly. FAIL.

Desk Chair
I had high hopes for some majestic choices from IKEA for this particular item but was left wanting. With a surprisingly small range to choose from I immediately assumed that I would not find anything suitable to my wishes and needs. Once I had discounted those without armrests or high backs I was left with 3 possible options. One had such a high, straight back whose headrest loomed far above my head I assumed it must be meant for giants. One other had the strangest hard plastic arms so I didn't even give it a go. The remaining chair looked much like you ordinary unassuming office chair - black, leather, a little uglier than most but hopeful. One of the single most uncomfortable office chairs in the world. FAIL.

Kitchen Table
I did not mind what I saw initially but on closer inspection at the couple that suited my needs I found that their tops were already marked like nothing else, simple from people looking at them. I'm not in the market for a glorified cheap office desk so I looked at some others. There were actually some quite decent tables there but I must say there was only one or two that I would actually half consider when the time comes. And honestly, I'll most likely not think to go to IKEA for a table when the time comes regardless of whether or not the stock has changed. FAIL.
Overall, my trip would have been far more successful had I been seeking a work desk or a desk lamp or something kitchen related. I did manage to secure a rather large handful of pencils though, so the trip was not a complete waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment