Twenty*1



Full trailer for the Green Lantern hit the web today, following up on some truly shocking footage courtesy of Entertainment Tonight. Seriously, if they want to advertise perhaps they should release their promos in a decent res that doesn't crush the hope of every DC fanboy out there?


I ignored the video largely due to the resolution, it's incredibly hard to judge a book by it's misprinted pixelly cover. I am by no means a hardcore Green Lantern fan, in fact I still know only a little of his story - a background and some of his more recent adventures are basically the extent of my knowledge on the matter. If you want a good overview of his origin tale (and thus part of the subject matter for the upcoming film) be sure to check out DC's animated feature 'Green Lantern: First Flight'.


For the most part my impressions from the trailer were quite promising. I can now full realise  the reasons for the suit being cg - just look at Killowog and Tomar-Re.





Some other observations that I would like to note is firstly,all the character look fantastic! Mark Strong looks downright majestically theatrical as Sinestro! Temura Morrison looks wicked as Abin-Sur..... BUT did anyone at DC/Warner Bros watch X-Men 3? Have they noticed that they have made him look like Kelsey Grammar as Beast at all? Or is it just me?




When first announced, I was quite skeptical as to how they would approach the Lantern's powers - I mean giant hands smashing people around? Jordan's fondness for recreating human tools such as hammers? I knew this is something that could kill the film, after all it is difficult to take something serious when it looks like it belongs in a Looney Tunes short. So far I am impressed with the single clip a swift punch using the ring, but I reserve my ultimate judgement until I see something other than a hand creating in the effect.


Finally (inevitably) the two things that stick out from the trailer that could kill the film for me;

The Mask.



In the majority of the trailer the mask looks awful. I don't know if it the fact you can still see Reynolds iris' or is it the lighting? I don't know. In the above images I think it looks fine in the first image, it's an action shot but it's clear enough for us to the mask blending with his face and it looks fine. The eyes don't both me here, but in the second image it looks awful! I think it's the grading and the colour of the suit in that particular light. It's too bright and doesn't look like it belongs. This is something that I hope is sorted out for the final product.

Blake Lively.


I just plain don't like her. From what I have seen of her acting 'talent' (Gossip Girl) I think if she can't carry her weight she will her scenes into a deep dark hole in space with no hope of return. I'm not saying that she can't act.... I just haven't seen anything that supports this.

Perhaps it's a credit to her that her character shits me so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment