Twenty*10

It is ironic that my 2010 in Review post is my two hundred and tenth (Twenty*10) post. The following is a quick account of my tops for the year. This will be expanded upon when I am not on holidays! The list does not necessarily include all new releases from last year but rather those that I enjoyed most.


XBOX 360
1. Red Dead Redemption/Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare
Easily the greatest Rockstar product to date. Story, Gameplay and Graphics are all outstanding as is the world that they have created. Undead Nightmare was the unexpected icing on an already icing-smothered cake.
2. Splinter Cell Conviction
I have loved all the Splinter Cell games but this one makes the series. Finally Ubisoft have sorted out how to make an elite spy feel like a predator.
3. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Can't wait for Assassin's Creed 3 next year!
4. Halo Reach
The perfect ending to Bungie's legacy. No complaints whatsoever.

 WII
1. Donkey Kong Country Returns
Fantastic old-school side scrolling action!
2. Goldeneye
Couldn't have asked for a better re-imagining.


PC/MAC
1. Back to the Future: The Game
Only one episode is out, but it captures the feel of the films beautifully and the voice acting is fantastic!
2. Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge Special Edition
Personally I love classic mode. I don't know about you.
3. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
Awesome.

SERIES
1. Chuck
For the past 4 years Chuck has dominated my series watching and if it continues as it is, it will continue to do so. My favourite episode from Season 3 would remain 'Chuck vs the Beard' and so far Season 4's favourite(s) is a tie between 'Chuck vs the Couch Lock', 'Chuck vs the First Fight' and 'Chuck vs the Fear of Death'.
2. Spartacus: Blood and Sand
A very close second, Spartacus started out trying too hard to be 300, ended with some of the most enjoyable tv I have watched in years. Sympathies and best wishes to Andy Whitfield. Won't be nearly the same show without him. Cannot wait for the prequel, it's got god-damn Temura Morrison. 
3. The Walking Dead
An outstanding series inspired/adapted from amazing graphic novels. The opening sequence sucked me in from word go, I don't think I've seen anything much more compelling on tv.
4. Modern Family
It's my new Arrested Development.
5. Smallville
Final Season. Heavy on the heroism. Heavy on the Superman references. Fantastic on the story.
6. Star Wars: The Clone Wars
They updated their character models. That's a great touch to an already fantastic series.

FILMS
1. Scott Pilgrim vs the World
Awesome graphic novels, awesome director. The most suprising part of this movie was the cast - in particular Michael Cera's capacity for action.
2. Inception
Outstanding. Joseph Gordon Lovitt was fantastic! Easily landed the most enjoyable scene in the film.
3. The Social Network
Timberlake suprised me. Garfield will make an excellent Spiderman. Eisenberg is no Michael Cera.
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
Amazing. Heart-breaking. I am blown away by how much the actor's have grown in the past 10 years.
5. Tron Legacy
Blew me away. Jeff Bridges was radical (inside joke) as Clu/Flynn. Graphics were mind-boggling. Olivia Wilde was the highlight - glad to see her coming into her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment