XYZ



I did a week of work experience at XYZ Studios [www.xyzstudios.com] during the holidays. It was really great, it was a quiet week for the studio but I still learnt a lot about how the industry (+ industry houses) work. The studio was really nice as were the people that work there. I worked on a few different things; an animatic for a Herron TVC, motion graphics for AGIDEAS, concept for MIFF. The best thing about the whole thing was observing how the studio worked and their file system and how to manage all different versions of the work without the file sizes and number to spiral out of control.

I haven’t undertaken any work experience prior to this but found that the experience is definitely worth it. Not too many (if any) of my friends and classmates have done any work experience and I think that they are missing out and may be slightly under-prepared for the expectations of the industry that they are wanting to find employment in.

Basically I have come away from it with a tad more enthusiasm and a definitely clearer understanding of where my work (and its standards) need to be to stand out and blow some minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment