Flintstones Rebooted.


 The Flinstones are being rebooted by Seth McFarlane, the man who has brought us Family Guy, The Cleveland Show and American Dad. Hopefully as a fan of the original, he will be respectful of the material and maintain a more family friendly target audience than his other animated ventures. His comments on the project are rather strange, I would like to think that he is being ironic or sarcastic but somehow I don't think he is;

"I think America is finally ready for an animated sitcom about a fat, stupid guy with a wife who's too good for him."

See what I mean? Is he being sarcastic? Because isn't that all his existing series (particularly Family Guy) as well as The Simpsons in a nutshell. It's hardly going to break the existing mold. I am interested to see if they approach the series with a new artistic approach, if they do I'm hoping it's nothing like his existing shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment