Long Weekend


Went to Young for the Long Weekend for my mum’s birthday (on the Tuesday – as close as I could get). Liz and I went to Golden Glance Nursery on the Sunday so Liz could try and find these flowers she has been looking for, which was a failed mission unfortunately. I used to go to the nursery quite often as a child but can’t really remember anytime in the past 10 years that I have been there so it was interesting to see how it had changed (which wasn’t very much as it happened, but much is the case in Young).

As is tradition we had our bonfire that same night, we saw about 4 other bonfires on the way into town the previous night to pick Myles up from work but that was expected, it is the thing to do on the June Long Weekend after all. Had some issues getting it started as it had been raining but we got there in the end, Myles and I helping Dad along with slowly throwing more and more onto the fire as the wetter parts didn’t catch. Close proximity to fire and heated ground meant that I didn’t wear my All Stars as I have no wish for the soles to melt so there was very much some ‘getting my bogan on’ as I scrounged for some old clothes out my cupboards and Dad’s so that nothing that anyone cared about was burnt by falling embers etc.

Twas a interesting trip all in all, good to go home (hadn’t been there since about February).

No comments:

Post a Comment