Upcoming Projects


There are many things that I have always said that I will do, or will get around to and ever really do. Not through inaction but rather through a lack of a reason or the rise of other, more important and necessary things that push what I want(ed) to undertake. Holidays have always taken a similar path for me; I mean to do a bunch of exciting things but never actually get around to it and then once uni starts again I really wish that I had done something about it whilst I legitimately had ‘free’ time. So sitting here looking at 5 weeks of possible freedom to do whatever I wish the question arises – what will I actually do with my time and will it be productive.

With the new course structure for Graphic Design only being introduced this year (my 4th and final year) I feel that there may actually be benefits to the upheaval that the new subjects are placing on the long-standing assessment tasks that have been used year in and year out. Essentially I only have one subject left to do until I will graduate which is a portfolio subject in which i may do whatever I would like to (within reason) in regards to products that will reflect my chosen field. That is where the issue arises; I do not really wish to work in Graphic Design but I am wanting a job that allows me to put those design skills and principles into use in motion (i.e. motion graphics). There was an off-handed comment that this could be applied to the subject, I imagine that there will still be a required amount of actual ‘Graphic Design’ but am hoping that there is the opportunity to introduce some motion into the assessments.

I have a few ideas for that which will hopefully tie in with the research component of the subject but I will write up a separate post about that. Although there are a few more projects that I am beginning the pre-production/development stages of which will hopefully take off in the next couple of weeks. One is a short animation titled “Haunt” about a ghost, see the production blog for more details (www.haunt-production-focus.blogspot.com). There are a few other short pieces which are basically things that I wish I had done during uni but chose other endeavours over these as well as a couple of things that I would just like to do.

I plan on re-doing my 2nd Year animation that I undertook with a friend of mine, but reshaping the story towards something, which has more substance and an actual ending. I also plan on doing something similar to the visual interface present in Minority Report, Iron Man and also this short film that I discovered recently; World Builder (below). Basically this is just something that I have always wanted to do but have lacked the time, essentially it fills the role of something more for my showreel at the end of the day.


World Builder from Bruce Branit on Vimeo.



No comments:

Post a Comment