My name is Guybrush Threepwood and I'm a mighty pirate!

By chance I actually looked at the junk mail box of my hotmail account randomly yesterday in a desperate attempt to delay finishing the assessment that was due today I discovered a random email from LucasArts which I procrastinating heavily enough to open. After clicking ‘yes I really do want to open this potentially harmful mail’ and the following ‘yes I do want to display the images in this email’ I was pleasantly welcomed by the site of the Monkey Island logo.



After a brief moment of tingling anticipation of what this could mean I pulled myself together enough to click on the link and was welcomed by a magnificently GLORIOUS website detailing not only the soon to be released Special Edition of The Secret of Monkey Island but A WHOLE NEW SERIES!!!

Wooooooo!



I have harboured a long long looooooonnnnnnggggg love for the Monkey Island series and thoroughly enjoy all game, with the possible excepetion of the 4th which I just don’t approve of the 3D animation and interface in the game. The new episodic series ‘Tale of Monkey Island’ is 3D which I was a little disappointed about, but soon got over it when I saw that it was a vast improvement on Escape From Monkey Island and the fact that Dominic Armato was returning to voice Guybrush Threepwood.

Not only will he be providing his voice talents to the new games he is also recording all the dialogue from the original game which will be included in the re-imagined Special Ed – which has been built incredibly faithfully on top of the original game for WIDESCREEN!!!



So as you may be able to tell, I am damned excited. So now I await July 7th for the first episode of Tales of Monkey Island: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal.

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment