Lindsay Adams


I have been a bit slack in the blogging department in the past week and a bit, having been distracted by a few different things that have been going on so there will be a few catch up posts today I’m afraid. First of which covering another visiting artist to Wagga on the 31st of August (slow in posting this in know).

Lindsay Adams is an ex CSU student who now works as Lead Compositor @ Animal Logic in Sydney. He’s a great guy, really nice and very approachable. He came down to present a similar talk in my 1st Year (2006) and since then we have been teased with another visit. From May 2008 up until the end of February this year I worked with him on his short film ‘Hex’ – undertaking the foley/fx work as well the sound design. So I have been in quite regular contact with him for over a year now, but had not had the opportunity to meet him face to face until now which was both fantastic and embarrassing (singled out during the lecture once he found out I was there, delivering some rather embarrassingly high praise whilst shaking my hand rather enthusiastically).

It was wonderful to get such a reaction from this guy who works for one of the best film studios within Australia. This being said, he’s a really down to Earth guy and where he works is fairly unimportant in the grand scheme of things in terms of judging his character. So that was definitely a highlight of the first week back at uni for me, his talks on compositing and colour theory were amazing – so many damn tricks taken with compositing that its amazing that you do not notice these things in cinema. I met up with him at the pub that night and had quite a decent chat with him about heaps of different things, and may be catching up with in Sydney next weekend if I have the time (hopefully).

He also brought down a finished copy of Hex for me – complete with music, which I was yet to hear which sounds fantastic and I am so proud to have that on my resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment