Review - The Ugly Truth


Tuesday night happened to be a night when I actually settled to go and see a movie that Liz actually
wanted to see and I was quite happy to go along with this because I am a fan of Gerard Butler’s acting talent.

As far as the film goes I feel that it could have been a far better movie if they had a different ending as well as larger contributions as far as the performances of the supporting cast goes. Gerard Butler and Katherine Heigl carried the movie as far as it was going to go by themselves, with what I felt was fleeting support from the rest of the cast. I feel that Heigl could have done far more with the role than what we were presented with, which is essentially the same role that she plays in all her films. Underwhelming performance in what was meant to be a romantic comedy, there was very little comedy in her performance – or at least very little that amused me.

Gerard Butler on the other hand did everything that he could with the material without being offensive, yes he walked a very thin lines at times but avoided out rightly offending the audience and therefore remained quite amusing.

This being said the film’s major pitfall lay in the film’s story, which left much wanting. The film had the potential to be different but as soon as Butler’s character began to fall for Heigl I lost all interest in the predictable plot and focused on Butler’s comedy to pull me through the rest of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment