SYMPOSIA09


Over the past few weeks I have been very busy with working on promotional material for SYMPOSIA09 (as well as an animation job for Westpac ~ tiring). Apart from working on the posters, website etc I was also introducing a speaker and speaking myself, so I have had a fair bit on my mind.

The event went rather well I thought, highlights were illustrator Stuart McLachlan, Traditional Animator Murray Deubs, SOAP Creative Director Brad Eldridge, Designer Andy Sargent, Chris Orchard from CSU and a good mate of mine, Pete Hanshaw from Bluetongue Entertainment.

I feel that my talk on the Friday went quite well or rather I have no opposing opinions so I guess that’s a good thing. I barely read what I had written, despite I the fact I had stayed up ill 4am on the Wednesday writing it. I guess I was constantly thinking about it all throughout Thursday as I was watching the other speakers and noting the good things about how their presentations were prepared. But if anyone saw my talk it would be great to get some feedback?

The Speaker’s Dinner on the Thursday night was great. Depending on you seating situation it was a little difficult to speak to some of the speakers but I quite enjoyed a great chat with Neal Haslam (really friendly guy) as well as the odd talk with Stuart McLachlan. It was also good to catch up with Pete again, having gone to uni with him and studying the same degree and sharing a few classes. Fantastic guy, he’s in Wagga reasonably regularly so I make a decent effort to see him each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment