Eighteen*0

15. Buy a HD video-capable DSLR.





I picked up my shiny new Canon EOS 550D DSLR from an importer in North Sydney. My mother stumbled across their site and their website left me more than a little suspicious of their products and their prices but after some research and a few phone calls it was fine. They import their products from Japan and we all know that the Japanese make excellent cameras - there is always the thought that they may be less-than-reputable but I went on a few forums and spoke with some people who had bought from there previously and they were very happy with the services provided. These impressions were confirmed when I picked up the camera, the shopfront is very professional - as are the employees. And because the cameras have been imported they have a very nice price tag. The only thing that some of the cameras are badged differently than they are in Aus. The 550D is such a case - being badged as the EOS Kiss X4 in Japan and the EOS Rebel T2i in North America. But at the end of the day it matters very little - I picked up the Twin Lens Kit for $1339. A solid save of around $500 on average which allowed me spend some of that other money on a decent camera bag, SD Card and Tripod. I picked up the bag and card from JBHIFI and I must say the staff there were obnoxious, rude and arrogant towards the fact that I had purchased the camera elsewhere. One staff member noticed that I was looking at the camera bags and asked 'What camera did you get' I told her the model and she simply replied 'You should have bought from us' and walked off. Bitch. So much for customer service.

Hell, I was still buying from them.


And that's another tick on my List.

No comments:

Post a Comment