Seventeen*3


44. Explore Gould's Arcade in Newtown.

 No. 44 on my list has been nailed!

It was a while ago, while I was still writing the list but I've finally gotten around to grabbing photos off my phone so here we are. Liz and I took a day trip to Newtown on the cityrail free transit day. Why the hell wouldn't we? We went to King's Comics as well, so we didn't have to pay for a trip that probably would have cost somewhere in the $20 - $25 mark. The shop was nuts! I'd seen brief photos on the web but had always assumed it was downstairs in some sort of basement shop for some reason. Like the best music stores are you know? So I was wrong. It was in some sort of old factory type building with the entire place decked out with shelves. As you walk in you pass by a comedic amount of 2nd hand cd's and dvd's but you barely glance at them because it is plainly obvious that no matter how many there are they are minuscule in comparison to the epic number of books covering the walls, shelves and floor of the shop. There is zero room to move through the isle's as the narrow shelves are even more cluttered with the milk crates and general piles of books threatening to cave in and smother you. If you went in looking for one specific book you would have absolutely no hope and it's pointless asking about it because there is no way on earth that they would have records of what they have. Not a chance. I worry if there is a section to the shop that you can't see, that houses more books. I loved it! Hunting through 2nd hand bookshops is a love of mine and dependent on the the company I could spend hours in Gould's Arcade (before I found anything I'm sure). They have a healthy stock of old comics as well, but most impressive is there large corner of lp's. I didn't peruse them too closely, but I hope one day to sort through them in hope of finding some Sabbath, Stones and Maiden. Eerily enough 'Black Sabbath' - Black Sabbath just came on itunes. Also, bought my Soundwave tix last weekend - cannot wait to see Maiden live AGAIN!


The entrance.


 The main stage.


An average isle.

So there you have it. No. 44. Once I move I dare say I will be exploring Newtown more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment