Seventeen*9

My week has been full of treats! Awesome super pretty shiny suprise treats! I have spoilt myself this past week and I think that will definitely be the end of my spending for a while, my bank account certainly took a hit - but it was totally worth it! I'm going to break this up over a few posts, there's too much for one and some relate directly to my List.


Last Week


I always have so many tabs open of things that are meant to be blogged and I never get around to them, so here's one that I forgot last week. I returned some dvd's to the local video store up the road and hunted through their ex-rentals as I tend to do - looking for bargains. I came across Season 4, Part 1 of Battlestar Galactica for $15! Now that was a pretty sweet deal and it was even sweeter because it was brand new, still shrink wrapped! That's at least $10 cheaper than the on sale price that you find it for. Especially considering that Season 4 is split into 2 parts I definitely saved some money. I only have Season 1 on dvd and I do like to buy in order but there was no way I could turn this deal down. I looked for any other seasons but I couldn't find any. I always wondered why Season 4 was sold in 2 parts and as I sat down to watch it I discovered that it was because the first disc is the tv movie Razor. So that was a definite bonus because that was the only part of BSG I was yet to see!


Monday/Tuesday







12:01 on the 14th of September I walked out of EB Games Penrith with a rather large box in my hands, smiling ever so slightly at the glares of the 40 odd people still in line out the front of the store. Perhaps they should have pre-ordered the biggest game of the year? Not my fault. Halo: Reach is definitely the hardest Halo game I have played (only ever on Legendary), I am yet to complete the game so I cannot say whether or not the story is the best - but it definitely outshines Halo 3 in every aspect. Not that it was a very difficult thing to do.


Wednesday

Big shopping day in the city on Wednesday. Picked up the recently released Dr Horrible and other Horrible Stories graphic novel - very cheap, very awesome! A must for Dr Horrible fans - a series of short stories each focusing on a different character/element of the Horrible Universe. The stories focus on Captain Hammer, Moist, Penny, Johnny Snow/Evil League of Evil and Dr Horrible respectively. They are short and sweet but provide so much background to the characters and how they all landed where they were at the time of Dr Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog. More on my efforts after the jump.


Thursday (after the jump).

Saturday



Went to the Book, Record and CD Market in Glenbrook today - was mostly looking for Sabbath, Maiden and Stones LP's but unfortunately some exorbitant pricing shelved that intent for today. I did stumble across two wonder's though. I have been Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 for a few years now - in search of a cheap good condition copy which I will eventually replace with the same but in HC. I finally found one! It is like-new (with the exception of some aging to the pages) but the cover and spine are beautiful. And $4! Score!

The other was a nice $5 suprise George Lucas: The Creative Impulse was a book I had glanced upon once or twice on ebay treks. I have two other books (Industrial Light and Magic: Into the Digital Realm and Industrial Light and Magic: The Art of Special Effects) that I picked up dirt cheap off ebay a few years ago which belong to the same series. This book is great because it only very briefly touches on his efforts with ILM, but focuses on his work with Lucasfilm - largely on Lucas' efforts as a director, producer and writer. I do hope they bring out cohesive history of Skywalker Sound one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment