Seventeen*1


Whilst searching for a simple psd that continues to elude me I stumbled across all my uni work from 2007. Man, what a difference there was between my 2nd Year work and my 3rd and 4th year work. It's like all my enthusiasm was destroyed in the first half of 3rd year and it all went down hill from there. At the moment I have been feeling a bit down, but this has encouraged me to retake that enthusiasm to life in general - so expect some cool shit to happen from here on! I needed a boost, so I'm pretty stoked that I found it!

A few choice snapshots that I unearthed included the above image of my work station circa 2007. Such a cluttered wonderful mess it was. Two computers, one awesome tablet and a keyboard tray that my brand new girlfriend would break probably about a week later! (damn you Elizabeth!). I cannot wait to move in October and set up something just as wonderful in my new place. This was all taken around the time I was doing my 'recreate a special effect' assessment which for me included attempting to use a model of an AT-AT to create one of the greatest scenes in Star Wars. The model required epic slicing and dicing and the creation of knee joints amongst other things in order to actually have the required functionality. It went pretty well. I can't seem to find the final video (which had a terrible snowspeeder comp going on) but I did find this one of the shots of the walker. Not terrible for my first stop motion attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment