Eighteen*2

37. (COMPLETE) Replace laptop battery.



My insurance claim for my Macbook battery came through a while ago now and I cashed it in and bought a replacement battery. It's excellent! It means I can take my laptop places again without having to worry about dragging the power adapter along as well and the best thing is it was covered under my insurance so I didn't have to shell out $200 for it - which was basically why I was putting up with it in the first place.


9. (COMPLETE) Update folio site.




This particular item will be completed over and over I think. I think I was meaning for a new template to go up before I crossed this off but decided against a complete redesign for now - it's something I've got to stop doing every 6 months. That said, I have changed the design slightly - but the most important change is the content. The Design and Illustration sections have been overhauled, Motion remains the same, my About has been completely reworked, CV updated and the background changed as well. Comparison above (the scale difference is due to different resolutions/monitors).


3. (PROGRESS!) Lose 5kgs.


Started a new diet on the 4th. Basically it includes actually eating 3 meals in a day, smaller portions, healthier meals (more veg), next to no soft drink, more water and juice, bit more walking etc, next to no snacks and what snacks I have are nuts and eating slower. It seems to be working! My weight as of the 4th was 74kgs. My weight as of today (18th) is 71.5kgs. That's an average of basically 1kg a week just by eating better! That was pretty much the problem mind you - so, pretty happy about this!


16. (PROGRESS!) Obtain new dvd shelving unit.


My parents are currently painting and rearranging our house in Young for the first time that I can remember! This means some new furniture is moving in and some old is moving out! Dad has had these white bookshelves in the study... Well, forever! And he's swapping them out for something else. Not one to throw things out he's trying to figure out a use for the shelves - so I asked if I could have at least one of them (there are two) for my dvds. They're roomy so there will be no issues with box sets and metal tins not fitting AND it provides me with more space to put dvds and strangely enough will not take up more space than my current set up. Less Even! So when I move I will be getting those!


17. (PROGRESS!) Own a 100 year old book.


I had forgotten that as a graduation present to myself I picked up an 'antique classic' version of Robinson Crusoe from a second-hand book shop in Fitzmaurice St in Wagga last year. I checked out the publishing date the other day whilst sorting through my books the other day and it was published in 1911! so that means next year it will be 100 years old! It's crazy how long books can last if they are cared for appropriately.


18. (PROGRESS!) Watch 3 'alternate' films.


Two down one to go. I have watched Just Add Water and The Life Aquatic with Steve Sizzou.


23. (PROGRESS!) Read 1 chapter per day of a book for a month.


Starting today!


35. Camp in the Blue Mountains.


Possibly stealing one of dad's tents while in Young next week to go camping on the upcoming long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment