Eighteen*3


Very much looking forward to the final season of Smallville. I am currently avoiding all tv-related websites so I don't spoil the season premiere for myself - it's not too easy for me to do, but there are so many other things that I have to do I'm keeping quite busy.

There has been alot of speculation about the final season - what it will and won't deliver, and based off some of the things that I have heard I doubt it will diappoint. Smallville is far past its slump period and certainly proved last season that it still had alot of stories to tell and new ways to deliver the reimagined beginnings. One such fact that the Season 9 finale did put out there was that; Yes, he now has the super suit and Yes, Superman exists in 2012. Which basically gave the series 2 seasons maximum to tie up the stories. Ten is a nice number for it to go out on and it is ironic that Allison Mack has finally decided to depart right in the last hour, leaving Tom Welling the only remaining original cast member (regular). I have hated Mack's character from the beginning and she only got worse, so I can't say I'm sorry to see her finally go.

I have the same questions as everyone else regarding the final season; will he fly? will he don the suit? will he become Superman at the end? Can only watch and see. The problem is that the show's creators did state early on 'no tights, no flights' but they have since departed and honestly, is there really another way to finish the story? We all knew how it began and ended, but the only thing we are still yet to see is the middle.

nb. One last thing - I think it's a bit disappointing that the supersuit is the Brandon Routh/Superman Returns suit. I feel Smallville has earnt their own suit by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment