Eighteen*1

21. (PROGRESS!) Own all Raymond E Feist books in hardcover.


Could not believe my eyes when I saw a hard cover edition of Magician sitting on the shelf in Dymocks Penrith. For $30! As you know collecting the remainder of Feist's released collection is on my List so I could not pass it up! I was confused but after talking to the saleswoman and a quick google search it turns out that it is a limited release for Voyager's 15th Anniversary - a line of 5 books which have been re-released in HC. It was going to be the most difficult book of Feist's to find in HC so that's a massive dent in my collection efforts. In case you are curious here is my checklist for Feist's released HC's;


  • -       Magician
  • -       Silverthorn
  • -       A Darkness at Sethanon
  • -       Legends of the Riftwar: Honoured Enemy
  • -       Legends of the Riftwar: Murder in LaMut
  • -       Legends of the Riftwar: Jimmy the Hand
  • -       The King’s Buccaneer
  • -       Prince of the Blood
  • -       Krondor the Betrayal
  • -       Krondor the Assassins
  • -       Krondor Tear of the Gods
  • -       Shadow of a Dark Queen
  • -       Rise of a Merchant Prince
  • -       Rage of a Demon King
  • -       Shards of a Broken Crown
  • -       Talon of the Silver Hawk
  • -       King of Foxes
  • -       Exile’s Return
  • -       Flight of the Nighthawks
  • -       Into a Dark Realm
  • -       Wrath of a Mad God
  • -       Rides a Dread Legion
  • -       At the Gates of Darkness
As you can see I have 5 to go (8 if you include the 3 unreleased books). I have seen Krondor the Betrayal and Krondor Tear of the Gods around in second-hand bookshops and on ebay so many times I am not concerned - there are an abudance of copies. Hell I've even seen Silverthorn and A Darkness at Sethanon a few times - they will cost a bit so it's a matter of the right money at the right time with those two. The only book that really concerns me now is Prince of the Blood. I have been searching for HC's of all these books since about 2004 and I have only ever seen it once. I am avoiding sourcing from overseas but I think that may be my only option. But at the end of the day I am happy that I found Magician - for me it is the most important find because it is my favourite book. It was was got me into fantasy and it's a majestic read.

No comments:

Post a Comment